Date Night

Posted by RL Policar On May - 30 - 2008

Last night I took Priscilla on a unique date that involved our bicycles. I loaded up my Xtracycle with a blanket, and a cooler full of “refreshments.” I rigged up the bikes with some lights for safety. Priscilla’s Electra was bling’d up with my Down Low Glow neon light.

We rode up to a near by park called Mountain View, set up and gazed at the stars. My camera sucks, so its not like you could really see that well, but it was a clear and cool night.

Here’s a shot of a ferris wheel at a near by Brea Carnival that’s set to take place this weekend.

We had a great time even though this was a low cost, low tech date. Sometimes it doesn’t take that much to enjoy each other’s company…a couple of bikes, a blanket and “refreshments.” You should try it too with your special person!

12 Responses to “Date Night”

1. John says:

Sounds like great fun. Do you have a line on cheap/free babysitting? I always wonder how you manage to get in so much riding…

It’s called TV….jk!

We do have a great babysitter, and very affordable!…TV JK! JK!

No but seriously…TV! JK!

I meant we have one, a great, reliable sitter.

3. Priscilla says:

Yeah, we’re pretty lucky that our kids are older and we have a great teenage babysitter.

4. Dana says:

I’m glad you could get out and spend some time together. Enjoying each other is more important and riding, web hosting or just about anything. It’s great that you have so much to enjoy together.
    Good job RL!

5. Date Night says:

[...] Go to the author’s original blog: Date Night [...]

6. jluke says:

Why is refreshments in quotes? Were they not actually refreshing?

7. BT / EVOMO says:

thats awesome. my dates have been mostly with myself, a copy of Decline or Mountain Bike Action, 2 beers and then I wrap that up by watching a James Bond flick.

BT, do you at least buy yourself dinner before seducing yourself? Ha ha ;)

9. Priscilla says:

….laughing my butt off Jack! =D

10. Q says:

RL,

I do “beer crawls”, but last time I had a combo like that, I was up for 48 hrs, b/c I was scared to sleep!

11. Flynryn says: