Dressed for the Occasion

Posted by RL Policar On June - 5 - 2008

I’m curious to know if I’m not alone on this. But usually, depending on what type of riding I’ll be doing or what type of bike I’ll be on, I normally dress for it. So if I’m on a longer travel bike, I dress like so…my skater helmet, some sort of loose fitting shirts (cuz that’s how I roll) and ofcourse some baggy shorts. Or I’ll wear my bibs underneath some cargo shorts and a belt.

But if its a XC, do you dress like this, tights/bibs and club fit jersey.

If you’re a freerider/dirt jumper, do you dress like this…jeans, t shirt and a pair of Vans?

7 Responses to “Dressed for the Occasion”

1. Neil says:

i prefer baggies and a loose fit cycling shirt, no matter what kind of riding i do. except when its hot, then i go with club fit, it just feels cooler. the only time i change from a visored mtb helmet is when i’m road biking.

2. john says:

when i commute i usually wear some cargo knickers i made regardless of what bike.

usually wear the same when dirt jumping/urban blah

spandex is mandatory for my xc/roadieness

3. Baggies and a loose fitting shirt every time. I just can’t get comfortable in tight fitting clothing. If I ever do venture out and get a road bike, I’ll probably be the only guy in baggies!

4. Gary says:

RL,
    So what kind of riding will you and Vince be doing in your sun dresses?

Well I think Vince and I had talked about riding our SS bikes…but I’ll be wearing my cycling clothing while Vince in a spaghetti strapped sun dress.

6. Gary says:

I like it, Single Speeds and Spaghetti Straps….

7. Bob says:

baggy shorts, baggy shirt, skater helmet always no matter what.