We just took recent delivery of the Swiss Bike TX. What makes this one unique is the fact it can fold. Basically it eliminates the needs for a roof or hitch rack since you can transport it in your car’s trunk or backseat.
Usually when we get bikes delivered, they come in this mondo long box. But the Swiss was in a short stubby box in which the bike was already folded inside it.
If you’ve never seen this bike before, I’m sure you’ll think that its pretty weird looking without the down tube and its double top tube.
The bike is spec’d with entry level parts and a 21speed drive train. Here’s the specs:
* Full-size bike for cruising city streets and mountain trails with 26″ standard wheels.
* Folds to 36″ x 28″ x 12″ in under thirty seconds without the use of tools.
* Compact size allows for convenient storage in a car trunk, boat, closet, or private plane.
* Limited lifetime warranty on frame.
* 21-Speed with front suspension fork and disc brake.
* Equipped with industry standard wheels and components serviceable at any bike shop.
* Patented technology not available from any other company.
* The portable nature of the bicycle allows it to be taken anywhere.
* Montague Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.™): Our patented seat tube folding system preserves the structural integrity and inherent strength of traditional bicycle geometry. Unlike all other folding bikes, there are no wobbly hinges and no structural tubes cut in half.
* Quick Releases: No tools are needed to fold and unfold the X-Series™ Bike. Just open one quick release lever on the top tube and remove the front wheel. Folds in under thirty seconds without tools.
* Safety Lock: Recessed drop out for quick release prevents frame from folding even with quick release not tightened.
* CLIX™ Wheel Release System: Patented pending wheel release system that allows for the easy wheel removal with only one hand.
Here’s a shot of it folded, it literally takes seconds.
The bike is not necessarily a light weight, it’s pretty beefy weighing in around 32lbs.
We’ll be putting the Swiss Bike TX through the paces and see how well it does. Then after the review, we want to do a few things to the bike, you know to bling-e-fy it a bit, I’m thinking Single Speed and Sweetskinz Tires!
For more information about the Swiss Bike TX, click HERE.