XC/ Epic Machine Update Numero Dos!

Posted by RL Policar On July - 5 - 2008

I finished Priscilla’s new machine and its purdy! Here, scheck it out mang!

First order of business with this bike was personalizing it for Priscilla, thus the pink accents. She had the same Jagwire Pink derailleur cables and housing on her last bike, and she loved them. Rather than recycling her old cables/housing, I ordered me a new set. Pink Terry Butterfly saddle and of course her green froggy.
khs xc team

XT rear der. Dura Ace 12-27 cassette, yes, a Dura Ace. This cassette is a big contribution in what makes Priscilla fly. Mated it with an XTR/ Dura Ace 9 speed chain.
khs xc team
FSA V-Drive/Mega EXO cranks/bottom bracket. Those are Vuelta XRP wheels. Wrapped with Kenda Small Block Eight tires.

4 bar rocker assembly with the RockShox MC3.3 air shock w/motion control, floodgate w/3 position switch.
khs xc team

To answer Danny from Brazil, we went with disc brakes from Bengal. These are the Helix 1.1. We also went with the LX shifter pods.

Helix 1.1 caliper mounted on the Spinner Reason Fork.

In our next update, Priscilla will be talking about how the bike handled in its maiden voyage.

8 Responses to “XC/ Epic Machine Update Numero Dos!”

1. flynryn says:

WOW! 12-27 on the rear. Your choice or hers? I dont ven run gears like that! Maybe i should?

2. [...] Go to the author’s original blog: XC/ Epic Machine Update Numero Dos! [...]

3. Khoa says:

I don’t think Priscilla even uses anything other than the big ring anyway.

By design and by choice. Her old bike had the exact same set up. Once her drive train wore out, I could have gone with a cheaper cassette and done the 34t thing. But since she was used to riding the Dura Ace, I decided to keep her at the same level. She can handle it, she rarely uses her granny gear when she climbs…

5. Danny from Brazil says:

Thanks for the info, RL! This bike looks sweet, and it should be a blast to ride. Any idea about the total build weight? Thanks in advance!

The build was at 27.5 lbs…not as light as I would like. But I know I can get this thing down to at least 24 easily. We’re working on a few more upgrades that should lighten things up.

7. Priscilla says:

Ya know, I just don’t know any different when it comes to the gear ratio. I never gave it a 2nd thought until guys started telling RL that it was mean of him to make me ride on this gear ratio. lol.

When I hear those naysayers tell me that I’m mean…I simply remind them that the gear ratio help with these…