RL’s Spectator Race Report: SC VELO INCYCLE XC CHALLENGE

Posted by RL Policar On October - 6 - 2008

First and foremost, the MtnBikeRiders.com Racing Team did an excellent job in yesterday’s event. We had 4 of our racers place on the podium and represented the site very well.

So let me start off with getting ready for the race. Since I wasn’t racing, I wanted to make sure that our athletes were taken care of. The night before, I bought a boat load of water, Gatorade, snacks and tubes.

The funny thing was, even though I wasn’t racing, I too couldn’t sleep the night before, I woke up around 5am and started packing the car with all the stuff we needed. My role for this race was of many responsibilities. I was basically the water boy, camera man, cheer leader, mechanic and what ever else I could find to do to help our riders out.

One of my other jobs was to take video footage of the event. I had over 40 minutes of coverage that I condensed into a 4.5 minute video.If you’re having issues watching that, here’s a non-HD version from Youtube.

6 Responses to “RL’s Spectator Race Report: SC VELO INCYCLE XC CHALLENGE”

1. [...] Go to the author’s original blog: RL’s Spectator Race Report: SC VELO INCYCLE XC CHALLENGE [...]

2. Eric says:

Nice work. It was nice to see it from the other side.Thanks RL

It was pretty intense for me too. If you could hear some of the audio from the film…aye…I’m like a mad man!

4. Christine says:

Congrats! How fun, great job. I miss riding with you all.

5. BT says:

great video, would have been better if there was a bad ass evomo logo on there, buts its good.

RL… are you taking music suggestions?

how about…
    Pantera
    or
    Eazy-E

yeeeeeaaaah

Great editing, too…RL, you caught a lot of the highlights beautifully (podium appearances…hell yeah!).

Looks like y’all had some fun — couple brutal-looking climbs on that course — at least brutal-looking to this flatlander.

I’m so proud of the Mtnbikeriders.com team…you guys rock!