Man this guy is good…

Posted by RL Policar On October - 21 - 2008

One of our favorite people in the world is Jay Hughen of PA. He rides for Evomo and a pretty darn good Trials Rider. Ok people its not TRAILS…its TRIALS. The difference is…well these guys look really cool doing it…

So he sends me this video where trials rider Danny Macaskill is doing stuff I’ve never seen before. Jay says that Ryan Leech…(another favorite person of mine) has nothing on him…I have to tell you, this Danny guy is pretty good, but I think he would be the Kimbo Slice equivalent of the Trials World…what? I just think Ryan is super cool!

Danny Macaskill : Next level street trials from brainchild-films on Vimeo.

6 Responses to “Man this guy is good…”

1. animal says:

Wow! I have a lot to learn. Backward riding with a free wheel, how?

2. Jay says:

RL – thanks for posting and YES it is TRIALS not trails. (lol) Just thought a lot of people would be interested in seeing how trials is really changing and many guys are adapting other styles of riding and trying to do something different. I agree – Ryan Leech is a really cool guy and a awesome rider. I didn’t mean to take anything away from his riding at all, but this guy always blows me away with some of the stuff he does. He also has some other videos on Youtube if anyone is interested.

Animal – he really is not pedaling backwards, he just makes it look that way. It’s more of a backwards manual. Think of it this way – when you roll your bike backwards your cranks start to move automatically. All he is doing is keeping the pressure on the cranks just enough to keep his front wheel off the ground but still allowing the cranks to naturally with the backwards momentum of the bike. If that makes any sense.

All hail the power of the almighty EVOMO!

Jay you weren’t kidding about how good this guy is…dang talk about skills.

My favorite part of the video is when he does this twisty thing in the air while he’s going up the steps….

4. Jay says:

I love the reverse front wheel nose manual – blows me away every time.

5. bobby says:

That’s not just trials… lotta moves from flatlands bmx, too.