Work In Progress: Sette Venom

Posted by RL Policar On July - 1 - 2009

Forgive the dark photos, I would have waited until tomorrow to take them, but I couldn’t wait to share the progress of the Sette Venom.
sette venom

Here’s the spec sheet so far:

Sette Stumpy stem
Azonic DH riser bar
Ultegra 12-27t rear cassette
Blackspire 38t DH chain ring
MRP Chainguide
Marzochhi Bomber 66 Light with ETA Fork
Shimano LX rear derailleur
Serfas ARC-3 ARC Saddle
Alex wheels with front WOOdman 20mm hub, rear hub is a Shimano Deore (don’t ask me the model-I forgot)
Rear tire: Kenda Telonix 2.2
Front tire: Kenda Nevegal 2.5

There’s more to be done with the bike. I still need to run a chain, derailleur cable and brakes. After that, its time to start testing!

9 Responses to “Work In Progress: Sette Venom”

1. Joe says:

Looking good!!!

thanks…I work out…

oh you meant the bike. Yeah looks great don’t it!

3. johnny dow 2 says:

WHATS THE WEIGHT NOW? AND THE SETTE DH BIKE LOOKS GREAT… THE BLACK ONE.

its coming in at 35lbs so far. All I’m missing would be grips.

5. Priscilla says:

I can’t wait to see you race on this!!! To think you’ve been spankin butts out there on your 4 1/2 inch travel xc bike…and now ur really gunna tear it up out there with this bike!! ;D

6. dugg kwan says:

why is the mrp setup hanging so low?

I put the bike together late that night and the photo was taken when things weren’t completely dialed in. Still need to do a few more things, then I’ll post an update.

8. Desert Rider says:

HOLY Schnikeys! That Sette Venom is wicked cool! This is the first Venom I’ve seen built. No one on MTBR or anywhere else had one pieced together like this.

I’m ecstatic to see that there’s an affordable alternative to them crazy expensive DH/FR bikes out there.

Way to go MtnBikeRiders.com, you guys ALWAYS build up the best project bikes. What I like is the fact you don’t always make your builds all blinged out, you make build affordable to the average rider. Awesome work everyone.

9. allan says:

are you using a standard qr on the rear or 10mm axle?