Something I’ve been thinking about for a long time…

Posted by RL Policar On May - 1 - 2012

There’s an idea that I’ve been keeping in the back of my head for the last few year that I’ve been wanting to do. It’s been talked about with various people in my inner circle of riding friends, and for the most part, some of us thought it might be a good idea. Ok so here it is, “what if we take a Wally World Bike (or equivalent) and try to do some downhill with it?” The question is, how long would it last? Oh and here’s another question, “who would be ballsey (or dumb enough) to ride it?”

So I thought about it really hard, and I think the only one who is daring enough and probably has the biggest balls on payroll at MtnBikeRiders.com is Team Racer, Art Aguilar. Don’t let his party animal facade fool ya, Art actually is a very talented downhill racer with years of experience under his belt and I think he’s the only one that could pull of this experiment. Team Racer Corey Pond would certainly be up for the challenge, but he’s too pretty to mess up. I’d hate for him to mess up his money maker or something. But with Art…eh, we’re good to go. Oh by the way, I probably should ask him if he’s willing to take on the roll…

The next step is to peruse the local Craigslist Ads to see if we can acquire a very inexpensive or free POS bike and see how many DH runs we can make on it before it starts to fall apart. We’ll keep you all updated with our progress.

13 Responses to “Something I’ve been thinking about for a long time…”

1. Jerry Hazard says:

I’ve had the same idea, though I admit I was not progressive enough to think DH with it. Should be interesting :)

2. Neal Bryant says:

You guys better have cameras rolling when the tubes snap apart and Art goes tumbling down the hill at 25mph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Brad says:

You should remove the kickstand then go over every part of the bike and tighten it down. After you destroy all the components maybe the frame would still be usable enough to build up with high quality components?

4. Robert plumb says:

Ive wanted to do this for so long??? A cheap $89 full suspension bike and see how far we can make it down the luge! No tune up no nothing just the standard safety check and go!

5. HARDCOREy says:

RL, I love the filter in your head that sorts the good ideas from the bad. It’s obviously been kicked up a notch here.

PS I’ll totally ring that bikes neck if you need a second opinion.

6. HARDCOREy says:

Oh, and the real point in question is who among you is taking the bike to Fontana to race it?

7. Art.A.A says:

Well gentelmen seeing that I have been pick to do this little experiment I would think that maybe you would be willing to do some runs with me Corey. To the readers stay tuned.

8. Dan says:

Well, if Art can’t break it, I’m sure I can with the extra weight.

9. Wesley Castro says:

Im In I think I can break it

10. [...] back, the brains behind the Leg Shield contacted us to see if we’d do a review. Never one to say no to anything, RL promptly agreed and a few days later, the Leg Shield arrived at my [...]

11. Nickolaus D says:

Once we are done with these bikes we should probably back flip them into a lake.

If we can find a place to do that with…I’m down. But knowing me, I’d hit the ramp before hitting the water.