One of the problems with taking pictures while biking is that you normally have to bring your point & shoot digital camera because you canâ€™t protect your digital slr. With a point & shoot, you can always wrap extra clothing around it just in case you fall on it. But with a digital slr, size limits what you can put around the camera.
Camera Armor has solved that problem with its line of armor for digital slrâ€™s. MSRP: $49.95
Here is a blurb from their website:
The Toughest Protection for your camera: We custom design each of our cases to fit the camera like a glove. All controls and access points are still accessible and you can use your camera at a moments notice. No more missed photographs trying to get your camera out of its case.
* Ruggedized custom fit protection
* Clear Polycarbonate Lens protects the LCD
* Rubberized Comfort for ergonomic shooting
* Bonus Lens guard will fit most lenses up to 85mm
* Corners and Lenses protected by impact resistant material
* Compatible with most tripods and accessories
Camera Armor sent armor for my Nikon D70s to test. Here are some pictures of the digital slr encased in the camera armor.
Just a few quick first impressions:
– the packaging is first rate. Itâ€™s nice and neat which gives you the feeling that you are purchasing something that is first rate as well.
– the armor for the slr is made out of a tough material. It seems to be very durable yet flexible. It easily fit over my slr for a custom fit.
– Iâ€™m still able to use all of my controls, even the ones that are covered by the armor.
– I can access the battery & memory card without having to take off the armor
Iâ€™m looking forward to testing camera armor. My digital slr will now be accompanying me on the trail with only Camera Armor & my camelbak to protect it. Keep checking back for updates and a full review.
Check out their website here.