WOOdman Components sent us their Axis SL COMP headset. This is a lightweight headset made out of a CNC-machined 6061 T6 aluminum.
The Axis SL COMP is one of WOOdman’s more popular lightweight and light priced headsets. It has WOOdman’s proprietary C45/45 full ball cartridge bearings.
Size: 1 1/8”
Weight: 117 grams
Materials: CNC-machined 6061 T6 aluminum
Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Red and Pewter
Includes Capsule Comp
Additional features for the Axis headsets:
– Top Cup with Seal for better fitting
– WOOdman’s proprietary full ball cartridge bearing. No retainer for better contact between balls
– Fork Crown with Seal (Axis IC/ICR) for better maintenance of the headset
– Angled Bearing + Angled Cup for better contact and easier installation
Claimed weight is 117 grams, however on my scale at home it weighed in at 107.5 grams (even better).
I visited the WOOdman booth at Interbike. They certainly have a fine line of components. I’ll be installing this onto my Rigid Single Speed project (details to come). For more information visit their site at www.woodmancomponents.com.
Often overlooked, you bike’s cockpit components are crucial. Interloc Racing Design (IRD) provided the Headset,
* Tange Sealed Cartridge Bearings
* Precision CNC-machined 7075 Aluminum Cups
* O-ring seal
* Stainless Steel Race
* 6 anodized colors: black, silver, red, blue, gold and titanium
* 110 grams, stack height 26mm, 1″ & 1-1/8″
* Cold forged aluminum
* 4-bolt bar clamp w/ OS M6 bolts (40mm wide)
* Opposed bolt configuration on the steerer clamp for more even clamping pressure.
* Black or Silver finish; laser etched graphics
* 25.4mm clamp diameter
* Extensions: 90mm, 100mm, 110mm, 120mm, 130mm
* Rise: 10°
and the handlebars for our Ultimate AM bicycle.
* 7075 T6 aluminum
* Butted construction
* Shot-peening for fatigue strength
* Laser-etched graphicss
* 640mm (25″) length
* 9° backsweep
* 30mm rise (1.2″)
* Black or silver finish
* 250 grams
All the IRD components have proven to be very reliable. The Headset is stylish and smooth, the Stem and the bars really compliment the geometry of the bike. All IRD components are competitively priced, they are definitely worth looking at.