While at Interbike 2008, met up with POC Sports or some of you may know them as POC Ski out of Sweeden. POC has been making products for snow people, and now they’re trying their hand in mountain biking. We received a POC Full Face Helmet and Goggles.
Cortex Full Face Helmet
* Carbon outer shell (DH version), Fiber glass outer shell (Flow version)
* PC inner shell
* Multi-impact liner
* Aramid penetration barrier
* Ventilation paths through the inner and outer shells, as well as the liner
* Ear chambers for hearing and balance
* Optimized chin bar for breathing and protection
Iris DH Goggle
* double lense construction
* PE clear tear-offs
* Coolmax moisture wicking face foam
* Silicone gripper on band
Large opening allows you to breathe better. This is especially helpful when you’re sprinting to the finish.
These goggles are very comfy and never fogged on me during my practice runs or the actual race.
You might have seen me wearing it during the Southridge DH Race.
Stick around for a review as I put the POC Cortex and IRIS through the paces at the Winter Series in Fontana.